Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nearing Completion

My online technology class is nearing the end, I have accomplished so much this semester that I am proud of. This past week our assignment was to create our own functioning web page, or Web Quest,  for classroom instruction. We were able to chose any topic we wanted, and it was our job to put together a user friendly web site for our students to access and complete the assignments listed on our site. I used the free web site maker Weebly to create my site. I chose science for my content area, and made it all about frogs. I titled it Fun Frog Facts. You can click here to check it out for yourself: http://funfrogfacts.weebly.com/

The students were to act as herpetologists for one week and research six different types of frogs, as well as play a frog game and make a frog poster on the web site Glogster. Throughout my web site were links for the students to click on to access information about the different types of frogs, as well as videos of different kinds of frogs and tadpoles for the children to access and watch. I also created a rubric to clearly explain the expectations for the project I created. Throughout the week the students were to keep a frog journal of all of the assignments as they completed them, and at the end of the week  they were to present a new breed of frog that they had researched to the class.

I am so glad that I now have the knowledge to do many of the things I have heard people talk about when it comes to technology. I was so intimidated before this class by the mention of creating projects on the web, but I have the confidence now to tackle an online project such as creating a web site, wiki, movie, or yes, even my own blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment