Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just The Beginning

     My name is Jennifer Brown and I am returning to college after 20 years to pursue my degree in elementary education. I obtained my associates degree in Early Childhood education after high school, and I have raised two daughters who are now 18 and 13 and I have decided now was the time to head back to school. I am currently teaching preschool at Mount Vernon Nazarene University, where I also supervise university students who are completing their required lab hours in the preschool. It has been quite challenging to juggle family, work, and school; but I know it will all pay off in the end!

     This is my first blog...EVER, and I can't believe it was easier than I thought it would be! I know I have complained at times, but I am grateful to be taking this technology class. I have learned so many new things that I never thought I was capable of. I am grateful that I will be better prepared as a teacher because of the things that I am learning through this course. Our first project was the information portal, 2.0 URL used to create an information site for education. I must admit, I was lost at first, but as soon as I found the YouTube video tutorial, it was much smoother sailing. I was proud of myself for completing the assignment successfully, without help from anyone. The 2.0 URL is a wonderful tool, and makes organizing information on the web much easier.

     Our second project was the word document newsletter which I found challenging as well. I have a lot of experience with Microsoft Publisher because it is what I use to create my preschool newsletter every week, but I have never created one using Microsoft Word. It was a little frustrating at first, but I stuck with it and got it finished. It is nice to know that if I ever need to create something again, I have the knowledge and experience because of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment