Sunday, March 6, 2011

Halfway There!

     I am about halfway through my Instructional Technology class at Ashland University, and it has been quite a learning experience! I have learned how to do things on the computer that even my teen aged daughters don't know how to do, and that says a lot! Before this class began, I was quite intimidated by the computer but I am gaining confidence with every project that I complete.
     We have completed quite a few projects so far such as setting up a form in Google Docs to create a spreadsheet that can automatically calculate students grades, along with learning about Google Forms in which you can create a quiz or questionnaire for students and parents. It was fun to learn how to use it because you can customize it any way you want. There are many colorful designs and formats to chose from to make it interesting for your students.
      Last week we completed a Power Point assignment and we had to incorporate 5 functional non-linear links. Before this assignment, I had no idea what that even meant, but now I have the confidence to put together a Power Point presentation that is fully interactive and interesting. I am so glad that I have gained this knowledge because I will be able to incorporate it into my classroom presentations when I have a class of my own someday soon. I am currently a preschool teacher, so I do not have a lot of experience with using technology in the classroom, but I know when I begin teaching in a public school, I will have the opportunity to use it more and use it to it's fullest capacity.
     Our next project will be a Movie URL and I'm anxious to learn more about it and what it can be used for. I know that this course will give me the experience and confidence I need to incorporate technology into the classroom and with this knowledge I will be able to engage my children through the creative things that I have learned how to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment